Friday, March 12, 2010

New Zealand Beer Festival

New Zealand Beer Festival: Keg

Fall in love again. Well on first impression im going to have to say that seeing a fat guy hugging a keg does not get my love juices flowing, and doesn’t make me feel like I want to fall in love. I mean, I love beer don’t get me wrong, but with a fat guy attached, not so much. I feel like I need to steal that keg away from him, maybe that’s a bit aggressive, but still, at least it makes me want to drink beer, and if I was in New Zealand I would probably visit this festival.




I think it’s a stylish visual, but on a whole for me the entire campaign hinges on the graphics, which completely outperform the idea by far. The idea could be a little more clever and inventive, I mean come on, I don’t think this visual going to attract any women to this festival either. Funnily enough to me the people in the campaign don’t look like they are in love, they look like they’re tripping out, and mostly like hallucinating about the idea of getting drunk, or high, not sure. Either way its gets me thinking how desperate these characters look to be with their keg, beer bottle and jug- a little to desperate in my books.

It’s a beer festival though, and I would go there to drink copious amounts beer and alcohol, enjoy myself thoroughly, and probably fall in love. So, maybe it works? I can see the influence of the ‘Ghost’ touch in the ad, which has something to it, but not enough. Again I think the art work is amazing, but idea? Fat guy = fall in love, not in my day! Not even the day before Valentines Day.

If the objective was to achieve humour I’m not sold either, it might be funny to some, but not at all to me. Probably the best thing about the visual is the keg, which I actually do love! I think lots of beer drinkers will love the campaign, which is enough I suppose. A great ad, no. Pretty average actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment